HomeHome  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  

• INFO
  • LINKS
winter wonderland
Blah blah blah content about weather and location and stuff c:

site news
01.20 Well, after days of tweaking and perfecting and OCD being pacified, we're finally open! Take a look around, meet us in the cbox. We hope you enjoy your stay here at Anomia c:

the census
00 - 00 - 00 - 00 - 00

006. THE APPLICATION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Alpha

Alpha

Karats : 320

PostSubject: 006. THE APPLICATION   006. THE APPLICATION EmptyJanuary 17th 2013, 6:45 am

some notes and instructions

THREAD TITLE is to be Member Group ♔ Lastname, Firstname MI. (please note the period after MI)

THREAD DESCRIPTION is to be Occupation / Age

Occupation should be either: Student, Faculty (Position), or Civilian (Occupation)
Age will be written out (Twenty-one, NOT 21)
PLEASE USE SENTENCE CASE. The entire content of your application (excluding the Face Claim portion) is to be written in sentence/proper case. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you allowed to write your app in all caps/lowercase.

PROOFREAD. Before you hit submit, read over your ENTIRE app and make sure that you’ve punctuated correctly, that you've capitalized, spelled words properly, and that the flow of your sentences make sense. You'd be amazed comparing what you thought you wrote to what you really wrote. If you’re not sure how to use commas, or spell-check, this isn’t the site for you.

NO GENERICS. Just make them memorable. I don't want to see any form of a Mary Sue or Gary Stu.

BE ORIGINAL. Our application is simplistic for a reason. Get creative! Because it’s simple, you don’t have to write certain things. In fact, we don’t WANT to see certain things. At all.

Appearance sections are unnecessary. You have a face claim for a reason. Only bring up their appearance if something differs from their assumed appearance. IE: scars or tattoos.
Personality Sections are bland. Your character’s personality should shine through in the rest of the application. There’s no need for it to be its own section.
DON'T GO OVERBOARD. Please do not write a 4,000 word application. It’s too much. You don’t need to go into that much detail. If you’re unsure what length to write, please read through the accepted applications. They’re usually a good judge of what we expect. Normally 500+ words is a good measure.

ASK FOR HELP WITH IMAGES. If you need help finding an application image, or need help resizing it, please just ask. Almost everyone in the cbox is more than willing to help. If you still can't find anyone, check the General Chat. I've even got a little shop up. So no excuses.

READ THE FAQs & MEMBER GROUPS. Make sure you read our FAQs and understood our Member Groups. Don’t assume anything with the supernaturals – if you're unsure about how a creature would handle a change or tense situation, just ASK. Everyone is very friendly and we won’t bite you for asking questions.

AFFILIATIONS. Whatever pack, coven, or court you belong to; or what your shifting form is. If not applicable, please put N/A.

OCCUPATIONS. Because occupation is a pretty broad term and it's necessary for your application, please understand that, as a STUDENT, you will put WHAT YEAR THEY ARE. As FACULTY, you will put the COURSE THEY ARE TEACHING or THEIR JOB AT THE ACADEMY. As a CIVILIAN, you can place any OCCUPATION THEY HAVE. Am I making any sense? I feel like this is such an odd thing to explain. If you're confused by this, please just ask in the cbox or post up a question for a staff member to get to it. c:

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR APPLICATION !

Code:
<center><table width="600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" style="margin:15px; background: #3b3b3b; padding-top: 50px;"><tr><td><center><div id="appimg">[img]http://i.imgur.com/RkqOJ.png[/img]</div><br></center></td></tr><tr><td><div class="apptempcontent"><center><table style="margin-top: -140px;" valign="top"  cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td class="col1 cell" valign="top"><div class="appbutton" style="margin-left: 3px;">      Age  </div></td>

<td class="col2 cell" valign="top"><div class="appbutton">      Member Group  </div></td>

<td class="col3 cell" valign="top"><div class="appbutton">      Affiliation  </div></td>

<td class="col4 cell" valign="top"><div class="appbutton">      Occupation  </div></td>

<td class="col5 cell" valign="top"><div class="appbutton">      Birth day  </div></td></tr> </table>

<div class="apptemp-h1">      Firstname Middlename Lastname                  </div>
<div class="apptemp-h2">      One line of quotes/lyrics best describing your character  </center>

<center><ul id='apptab-strip'><table><tr><td><li id='apptab1' class='clickable'><div class="apptabbg">PROLOGUE</div></li></td><td><li id='apptab2' class='clickable'><div class="apptabbg">EPILOGUE</div></li></td><td><li id='apptab3' class='clickable'><div class="apptabbg">OOC</div></li></td></tr></table></ul></center><!== TAB ONE ==!><div id='apptab1-content' class='apptab-content'><div class="apptabcontent" style="max-width: 500px; margin-left: 11px;  margin-top: -25px;">

<b>This is a free-form application.</b> You can add whatever you feel like we should know about your character. Some form of your character's history should be displayed, as well as any notable events that may have occurred. Get creative! How did they get to Dresden? Why are they in Dresden? This portion should give us a very clear view of WHO your character is.

</div></div><!== TAB TWO==!><div id='apptab2-content' class='apptab-content'><div class="apptabcontent" style="max-width: 500px; margin-left: 11px;  margin-top: -25px;">

<b>PLACE OF BIRTH,</b>      City, County.

<b>FACE CLAIM,</b>      SERIES/SOURCE TITLE IN CAPS, face claim name in lowercase — <b>character first last in lowercase</b>

<b>SCHEDULE,</b>      Applies to Students only. What three - four courses are they signing up for? <i>Remove this completely if not applicable</i>.

<b>INVENTORY,</b>        Any miscellaneous objects your character carries on their person. <i>Remove this completely if not applicable</i>.

<b>ELEMENT,</b>            Applies to Faeries only (see Member Groups for more detail). <i>Remove this completely if not applicable</i>.

<b>RANK,</b>            Applies to Lycanthropes only (see Member Groups for more detail). <i>Remove this completely if not applicable</i>.

<b>WEAPON,</b>        Applies to Humans & Hunters only (see Member Groups for more detail). Some description of said weapon. Civilians and students should <i>only</i> have simple weapons. If you don't want one, <i>remove this completely</i>.
</div></div><!== TAB THREE ==!><div id='apptab3-content' class='apptab-content'><div class="apptabcontent"><center><table valign="top"  cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="margin-top: -52px; margin-left: 42px;"><tr><td class="col1 cell" valign="top"><div class="topictempcolcontent" id="topictempcolstyle"><center><span id="topictempcol-h1">TIME ZONE</span>
<b>  ???</b></div></td>

<td class="col2 cell" valign="top"><div class="topictempcolcontent" id="topictempcolstyle"><span id="topictempcol-h1">CONTACT</span>
<b>  What's the best way?</b> </div></td>

<td class="col3 cell" valign="top"><div class="topictempcolcontent" id="topictempcolstyle" style="border-right: none;"><span id="topictempcol-h1">ALIAS</span>
<b>  Your CBOX name.</b> </div></td></tr></table></center></div></div>
</div></td></tr></table></center>
Back to top Go down

Alpha

Alpha

Karats : 320

PostSubject: Re: 006. THE APPLICATION   006. THE APPLICATION EmptyJanuary 20th 2013, 5:39 pm

006. THE APPLICATION RkqOJ

Affiliation
Occupation
Birth day

Firstname Middlename Lastname

One line of quotes/lyrics best describing your character

• PROLOGUE
  • EPILOGUE
  • OOC

This is a free-form application. You can add whatever you feel like we should know about your character. Some form of your character's history should be displayed, as well as any notable events that may have occurred. Get creative! How did they get to Dresden? Why are they in Dresden? This portion should give us a very clear view of WHO your character is.

PLACE OF BIRTH, City, County.

FACE CLAIM, SERIES/SOURCE TITLE IN CAPS, face claim name in lowercase — character first last in lowercase

SCHEDULE, Applies to Students only. What three - four courses are they signing up for? Remove this completely if not applicable.

INVENTORY, Any miscellaneous objects your character carries on their person. Remove this completely if not applicable.

ELEMENT, Applies to Faeries only (see Member Groups for more detail). Remove this completely if not applicable.

RANK, Applies to Lycanthropes only (see Member Groups for more detail). Remove this completely if not applicable.

WEAPON, Applies to Humans & Hunters only (see Member Groups for more detail). Some description of said weapon. Civilians and students should only have simple weapons. If you don't want one, remove this completely.

TIME ZONE
???
CONTACT
What's the best way?
ALIAS
Your CBOX name.

Back to top Go down

006. THE APPLICATION

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

a n o m i a :: » application process :: CREATION